Second DWI Offense
DWI Attorney in Lake Jackson
First-time drunk driving offenders face serious penalties-but if you are facing your second or subsequent offense, the stakes have been raised even higher. It's important to understand your position and how to take action after a second arrest for driving while intoxicated (DWI). Our team at JM Davis Law PLLC can provide the counsel and advocacy you need. We encourage you to speak with a Lake Jackson DWI defense attorney from our team as soon as possible about your case for the representation you need to protect yourself after an arrest.
What Are the Penalties for a Second DWI?
A second DWI charge in Texas may result in a Class A misdemeanor conviction. This is punishable by a mandatory minimum term of 30 days in jail, with a maximum of one year in jail.
Some additional punishments may include:
- Mandatory installation of an ignition interlock device (IID)
- Additional fees to calibrate IID each month
- Up to $4,000 in fines
- Possible community supervision
- Monthly reporting to a probation officer
- Court costs
- Driver's license suspension from 180 days to two years
- Community service of up to 200 hours
- Attendance at an approved drug / alcohol education program
- Mandatory attendance at DWI repeat offenders class
- Possible counseling
Contact JM Davis Law PLLC for a Free Case Evaluation
It's important to take action now in order to protect yourself. You only have 15 days from the date of your arrest to challenge your driver's license suspension. If you fail to do so, your license will be suspended automatically. Contact JM Davis Law PLLC now for a free consultation with a Houston DWI lawyer from our team. We're attentive, available, and dedicated to fighting for our clients' rights.
Dial (855) 390-0455 now for more information.