Drug Crime Attorney in Lake Jackson
Attentive Service, Top Case Results
Texas is tough on drug crimes. Some of the toughest drug laws in the country can be found here. Even small amounts of marijuana possession warrant jail time in this state. It's important to have a Lake Jackson criminal defense lawyer on your side who knows what he / she is doing and can represent you well. At JM Davis Law PLLC, we're committed to that level of tough, effective, and aggressive advocacy. If you have been accused of a drug crime in the Lake Jackson area, the time to call us is now.
What Are the Penalties for Drug Crimes?
Drug crimes in Lake Jackson and surrounding communities in Texas can result in very serious penalties and repercussions, such as:
- Jail / prison time
- Expensive fines
- Criminal record
- Driver's license suspensions
- Loss of driving privileges
- Inability to pursue certain professional occupations
- Refusal of admission to certain college or graduate school programs
Texas Drug Schedule
There are five penalty groups established by the Texas Health & Safety Code for controlled substances in the state:
- Penalty Group 1 - Cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, GHB, oxycodone, and so on
- Penalty Group 1A - LSD
- Penalty Group 2 - Ecstasy, PCP, resinous extracts of cannabis that are not marijuana such as hashish and wax
- Penalty Group 3 - Valium, Ritalin, and Xanax
- Penalty Group 4 - Compounds containing such substances as Motofen, Dionine, and Pryovalerone
The penalty group the substance in question falls in-as well as the amount of substance found, the type of crime committed, and other factors-will establish how the crime is classified and what penalties are attached. No matter what your criminal case looks like, you need a lawyer on your side who can defend your rights and help protect your future.
The sooner you call our team at JM Davis Law PLLC, the better. Schedule your free review when you call our office today at (855) 390-0455.